The Enterprise Tech Podcast from Gestalt IT
Utilizing Tech is a weekly podcast focusing on practical applications of various technologies in the modern enterprise. Each season focuses on a specific area of emerging technology, with three seasons of Utilizing AI, a season of Utilizing CXL, and now a new season of Utilizing Edge!
Utilizing Edge launched April 24, 2023!
New episodes every Monday!
Each episode is a discussion with an industry thought leader from a product company or the wider community designed to educate the IT practitioners about the new world of this focus technology.
Subscribe to Utilizing Tech in your favorite podcast app, follow @UtilizingTech on Twitter, and join the conversation!
The Near Edge and the Far Edge with Andrew Green
The edge isn’t the same thing to everyone: Some talk about equipment for use outside the datacenter, while others talk about equipment that lives in someone else’s location. The difference between this far edge and near edge is the topic of Utilizing Edge, with Andrew Green and Alastair Cooke, Research Analysts at Gigaom, and Stephen Foskett. Andrew is drawing a line at 20 ms roundtrip, the point at which a user feels that a resource is remote rather than local. From the perspective of an application or service, this limit requires a different approach to delivery. One approach is to distribute points of presence around the world closer to users, including compute and storage, not just caching. This would entail deploying hundreds of points of presence around the world, and perhaps even more. Technologies like Kubernetes, serverless, and function-as-a-service are being used today, and these are being deployed even beyond service provider locations.
- The Near Edge and the Far Edge with Andrew Green
- Designing a Scalable Edge Infrastructure with Scale Computing
- Developer-Friendly Edge Application Management with Avassa
- Stakeholder Demands at the Retail Edge with Simon Gamble of Mako Networks
- Commoditization of Edge Infrastructure with ZEDEDA
Season 4: Utilizing CXL
- Why Would System Architects Utilize CXL?
- The History and Future of CXL with Jim Pappas
- Enabling Mass Adoption of CXL-Attached Memory with Rambus
- The Past and Future of CXL with Allyson Klein
- Memory and More over CXL with UnifabriX